Monday, February 25, 2008

Sawyer's Perfect Weekend

Well, this was a dream weekend for Sawyer. It started with us taking him to his friend Kate's birthday party at the mall. Sawyer loves parties, so he was super excited when he woke up and I told him we were going to a party. He thinks cookies and a juice box is a party, so it doesn't take too much to please him. The party was at the mall carousel.


He had fun riding round and round, eating cookie cake, and playing with his friends. Then we had lunch at Chick-fil-a, his favorite.

Then on Sunday after church we had lunch with two of Sawyer's favorite people in the world, Ashley and Austin. He was so excited when he saw Austin at church that he ran right through the lobby into his arms. We had breakfast, his favorite meal of the day, for lunch.
I know what you are thinking? How could it get any better than this!! But, wait! Sunday evening we went to see ELMO! We were luxury suite guests (that's what our tickets said, Fancy) for Sesame Street Live. Justin found suite tickets and free parking for a good price on Craig's list. When Elmo came on stage Sawyer was so excited that he started shaking and saying "Elmo, Elmo". Then he sat in awestruck silence for the first half of the show. Towards the end he started clapping and dancing along. He talked about the show all the way home. He talked about "Renie" aka Ernie, and "Monster" aka Cookie Monster. I am sure he had sweet dreams last night.

Sawyer was so excited as he waited for the show to start.
Here we are taking a break in the suite.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

did he even get an elmo shirt? or have i just not seen that one?

and, does the throw on the back of the sofa say "cowboys of color"?

meredith said...

No, he already had the shirt. We didn't splurge for any souvenirs. I bought him a $3 spinning light up ball that I pulled out before the show and he was as happy as he could be.

I didn't even notice the throw, but that's what it said.

meredith said...

i meant to say that I bought at Wal-Mart.