Sunday, February 03, 2008

A little dose of perspecitve

So, this has been a tough week for me. In the beginning of the week Sawyer didn't sleep well, so neither did I. Then, he got straightened out and Jax started waking up early in the morning. He was in such a good routine until this week. I have been trying everything to get him back on track and sleeping well. I know this isn't the end of the world, but it has been frustrating. Also, I thought I was over my insomnia, but it's back.
So, last night I got about 5 hours of sleep, not in a row of course, and that is not a bad night's sleep for me lately. I was so exhausted, since this was about the 8th night in a row with less than 6 hours of sleep. I didn't know if I wanted to go to church or just stay home in my pajamas like I have been doing all week. I got up to check my e-mail and check a few blogs. My friend had a link to a blog called www.cfhusband.blogspot.com. It is a blog written by a man whose wife has cystic fibrosis and is waiting for a lung transplant. They have a premature baby who is also fighting for her life.
Wow!
It really hit me hard to read that family's story and see how their faith in the Lord is giving them hope and peace. I got up from my computer and got ready for church all the while thanking God for my healthy babies. I asked him to forgive me for my ungratefulness. I am so blessed to be able to hold my baby when he wakes me up in the middle of the night. I am also blessed to be healthy enough to chase my one year old as he runs away from me in the park.
I guess it just really made me realize how blessed I am. It is easy to focus on the negative, but I am going to work on having an attitude of thanksgiving. Sawyer must have felt the Spirit moving this morning too, because he kept yelling amen from his high chair during breakfast.
At church this morning while nursing I met a lady with a 6 week old, a 13 month old, and a two and a half year old. We talked for a while and I asked her, "so, do you sleep?" To which she simply replied, "no".

At least I'm not alone.

3 comments:

meredith said...

No, thank you!

Megan said...

a little perspective is always a good thing. sarah is a wonderful baby, but she LOVES to nurse in the middle of the night at least 3 times! I usually sleep right through it, but it is NOT the same as sleeping all night! one day we will sleep again.

Ashley said...

Sorry that the warning for cfhusband was not stronger, but I am happy to hear that you were blessed by it. Sorry that it has been a rough few weeks. Looks like a little road trip might do you some good! Or, completely wear you out!