Monday, December 15, 2008

Not Me Monday


This is my first not me Monday. If you want to read more you can go to Mckmama's blog. She is the one who came up with this game.
I have been thinking about this for the past two weeks, so here are two weeks worth of things I did not do.

While doing a craft with my two year old, I did not hand him a bottle of glitter. I was not born yesterday! I did not sit beside him while he poured a big pile of glitter on the table and brush it on the floor. He did not make a huge mess that took me at least 30 minutes to clean up. I am not still,two weeks later, finding glitter all over the house. Oh, and I did not find glitter in Jaxon's poop when i changed his diaper.

I did not keep my children up 2 hours after their bedtime on Saturday night. I was not enjoying good company and good food too much to leave the party in time to get my sweet children in bed on time. I also did not go late to church because my tired babies were sleeping in.

I did not add half a can of cream cheese icing to white chocolate fondue to thicken it up a bit. I did not enjoy dipping fruit and oreos into this mixture of white chocolate, heavy whipping cream, and icing.

I was not caught off guard when my two year old asked me what shape my head was. No, I always have an answer to his questions. I did not giggle when he said, "Is it a hexagon? I think it is a hexagon."

I did not take the boys to see Santa twice in one weekend. Sawyer did not tell Santa he wanted a drum set and then get very upset when Santa handed him a coloring book. He did not throw the book almost hitting the child from the special needs class who was sitting in Santa's lap. He did not yell "I said drums. I didn't say book! I didn't say book!" Jolly Old Saint Nickolas did not have to reprimand my child and ask him to not throw his book. He was not asked to return his coloring book. No, that was not my child! My sweet angel is not on the top of Santa's naughty list! He did not yell out "Sorry Santa" as I wheeled him away in his stroller. He did not behave that way and completely humiliate his mother!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

awww, mer, i am so glad you did this! i have been wanting to do it for quite some time now, but just have not gotten around to it. yours are too good!. who knows, i still have an hour to get mine in before midnight.
by the way, don't you just love mckmama's blog! tracy got me hooked.

The Kinley's said...

That was HILARIOUS!

Shandra said...

oh my gosh! that santa story was cracking me up!!! when we left santa andrew started crying. i asked him why and he said because santa didn't give him his presents! i had no idea he was thinking he was getting his presents right then. ahh...these boys! they're pretty smart!! :)