Well, I had so much fun last week I thought I would try this again. So, here are a few of the things that I did not do this week.
I did not accidentally leave the pantry door open. I did not walk into the pantry/laundry room to find my youngest child slipping and sliding in a puddle of cooking oil. I did not spend almost an hour cleaning cooking oil off of the floors, boxes, babies, and myself. My children were not both screaming because I had to lock them in their room so I could clean up the mess they didn't make. Thank goodness that didn't happen, because it probably would have put me in a really bad mood.
If something like that would have happened, I would have certainly vowed to watch over my one year old better. I would not have neglected to notice that he was playing in my bathroom when my curling iron was on. He did not burn 4 of his little fingers and scream for about an hour yesterday. I did not start to cry as I held my hurt baby.
I did not bribe my 2 year old to take a nice family picture. I most certainly did not fill my pockets with candy and promise if he smiled for the camera he could have whatever was in my pocket. Oh, and we did not just take our Christmas card picture yesterday. Our family and friends will not be receiving their Christmas cards from us after Christmas.
Don't let anyone tell you that I started another blog. I did not start another blog a few months ago to document the lessons and crafts I do with my kids. One blog about our family is plenty. I did not start this blog so that I could take pictures and keep track without having to keep everything we make and actually remember the things I do with my children. Not me! You will not go to this blog if you click here.
Oh, and I am not blogging when I have gifts to buy, presents to wrap, cookies to make, laundry to do, bags to pack, and grocery shopping to do. That would be insane!
5 comments:
Wow! I checked out your other blog and it's awesome! You are so creative with your ideas on craft projects for the boys. I would never be able to think of all those fun things to do.
Thanks, Tracy. I am not really that creative. I find most of my ideas on the internet or do things I have seen before. I rarely have an original idea. The internet is a wonderful thing!
Meredith -
I just looked at your new NOT learning blog. :) That is awesome! You have inspired me to do something similar. I need to make some lesson plans, though. Love you guys! Tell Justin Boyd says what's up?
Tara,
I usually make lesson plans, too. Of course as a parent you are already constantly teaching your child, but the plans helped me to be intentional about what I was teaching.
Have fun and let me know how it goes.
Meredith
Hey, girl. I tagged you!
Post a Comment