Sunday, January 27, 2008

Not Typical, but Not Unusual

It seems like something or someone is always interrupting our sleep around here. Last week after we all got over the virus, Jax went through a growth spurt or at least I think that is what it was. He was waking up really early in the morning to eat and then eating all day and not napping at all. Last weekend he got over that and slept a ton. We had about 5 nights of good sleep, so I guess we were due for a rough night. Last night Sawyer woke up at about 3:30 and I could hear him talking. He would be quiet for about 10 minutes and I would start to drift off then I would hear him again. This went on for about almost two hours. I was just lying in bed wondering what could be keeping him up. He wasn't crying, so I didn't go in because that usually makes things worse. I didn't know if it was the 4 teeth he has coming in or perhaps the stuffy nose he's had for the past few day. I finally went in his room to try and comfort him and then Justin gave it a try. After about an hour later he was asleep and it was time for Justin to get ready for church. Then Jax woke up to eat. I would have kept both kids home from church today, but of course this is the week I was supposed to work in the nursery. I had to wake up both kids to get there on time and then they didn't even need my help.
I expect we will have a couple more interrupted nights and then we will have a few days of good sleep and then it will be something else. That is usually how it goes around here. It makes us appreciate the quiet nights and long naps all the more.

No comments: