Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Nice Spring Weather

It doesn't feel at all like January around here lately.  Last weekend it was so nice that we decided to head to the park for a nice stroll.  Our friends Mike, Meg, Austin, and Ashley came with us.  We tried two parks before we could find a place that wasn't too crowded. Everyone in Mansfield had the same idea.  It may be cooler today, but I wouldn't know since I haven't been outside yet.
We had a fun holiday and loved visiting with all the family, but it is also nice to be back to normal.  I am so glad I don't have a job to go back to. Last year it was so hard to leave Sawyer after being home with him for two weeks.  Of course we were all sad when Daddy had to go back to work. Justin always says it would be fun if we could be stay at home parents, but somebody has to bring home the bacon. 
Sawyer has been enjoying playing with all of his new toys. Yesterday we had play group at our house and he was not so big on sharing with his friends.  We have really got to work on that!  I think it is amazing how at such a young age we want to take ownership over things and that little word "mine" is so powerful. God is showing me that even I as an adult can be that way. Nothing I have is really mine, but His and I need to be willing to share with others as the Lord calls me to. God teaches me little lessons through my children every day.  

No comments: