Wednesday, October 31, 2007

4 things you should never say to a new mom

I read this in my Parenting Magazine this month.

1. "You look tired."
2."That's an interesting name."
3."What do you do all day?"
4."When's the baby due?'

I think I have been told all of these except for number 4. I was told number one today which is what inspired my post. Actually she told me I looked exhausted and asked if I had slept at all. I was pretty tired and I am not sure if I had brushed my hair, but please don't tell me that. I would much rather be lied to!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

i got #1 a lot too when my kids were smaller. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Meredith, I can so relate to #1! Especially when Anna and David have tag teamed and there is NO Sleep! Brushing hair is not really that important after all! We will have to have play date sometime when we're not so exhausted. Maybe next year :)

Sarah said...

If it makes you feel better I was asked number 4 last week! I was at Wal-Mart (my dad and Jay were in the car) buying formula and such when the lady at the check out counter asked me when I was due. My response was...4 days ago!

meredith said...

Catherine,
I bet you are exhausted. Goodness! At least Sawyer can walk and do some things by himself. Let me know when you are up for a play date.

Oh Sarah, people say stupid things. I bet that lady felt bad after you responded.