Thursday, October 25, 2007

New at this

So, I have been a mother of two for four weeks now. Things are going pretty well, but I am still learning how to balance everything. Jaxon is on a pretty good schedule during the day, but his nights are so inconsistent which is hard. He was going about 5 hours between feedings at night, but now It is about 3-4 hours and that is with me giving him a pacifier a couple of times to get him back to sleep. He is a good baby, but the kid is killing me with how much he eats. He gained two pounds the first two weeks and I am sure he has gained at least a pound more than that. I guess he is trying to catch up with his big brother.
Sawyer is adjusting well to Jax. He is very sweet to him and tries to give him his toys when he cries. I know he is doing some things for attention, but it is not too bad. Poor child has been watching lots of wiggles and Barney while I feed the baby. Of course he doesn't mind. I try not to let him watch too much, but sometimes that is the easiest thing to do.
A couple of months ago Sawyer started telling me when he had to use the bathroom (number 2) before he would go. I decided to buy him a potty chair, but not start potty training yet. We also got him a potty book which he loves to read at least once a day. He talks about the potty all the time and even says potty when is going in his diaper or when I change him, so he understands that you are supposed to poop and pee in the potty. When I ask him if he wants to sit on the potty he says no, so I don't make him. He is not even quite 19 months, so I am surprised he shows as much interest as he does. He will sit on it, but has never put anything in it. Anyways, I have never done this before so I don't know if I should be doing more. I don't want to push too hard because he is still young, but it he is interested I want to make sure I am doing enough. What do you moms out there think?
So, that is what is new with us. I am enjoying the boys more than I thought I would be able to. I still haven't figured out how to keep my house clean too. I can do the basics like laundry and dishes, but not much beyond that. I have been napping with the boys everyday, but I may have to give that up soon so I can play catch up and get some stuff done. I am just rambling now, so I will go.

5 comments:

Shandra said...

andrew was the same way. started talking about it early. maybe 20 months old. a few weeks ago he went #1 and #2 on it and was so excited that i figured we would start the process...asking him if he needs to go and such. he does well if i put him on but he won't tell me when he needs to go!! so we are taking a step back. so basically, i'm no help! :) i say keep putting him on it tho. he'll eventually go!!
glad y'all are doing well!!

Michelle said...

the house can wait!! i think if you feed, change and love on the boys all day long - that's been a good day. i'm sure justin agrees. :)

i stink at potty training advice...i say let to just encourage him in whatever he wants to do with it!

Sarah said...

For what it's worth, I've heard that boys are harder to train than girls. My nephew turned 3 in June and just recently got potty trained. Even though he's shown interest for a while now, he just got completely trained.

As far as the house thing goes, mine was not clean to begin with, much less now that I am a mommy of two!

meredith said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I am not going to worry about the potty training right now. I have too much other stuff going on. As long as he's using the potty before he starts school, right? Ha Ha.

Megan said...

I say nap while you can b/c you never know when Sawyer will give his up! As long as Justin doesn't mind the house a little messy I think a nap is the way to go!