Saturday, April 04, 2009

Sick Boys

I took the kids for their well check-ups this week, even though they weren't very well. Jax has been pretty fussy lately, which I thought was due to the 4 molars he has coming in. It turns out he had an ear infection. This is his third one in the last couple of months. It really didn't seem to bother him that bad. I think the poor guy is used to it by now. He has been on antibiotics since Wed. and seems to be feeling much better.

Sawyer had a bit of a cold when we went to the doctor, but nothing major. I just thought his allergies were acting up (my mommy instincts are a little off these days). Friday morning he didn't quite seem himself and by Friday evening he was running a fever. He was up all last night waking about every 30 minutes. He kept saying his ears hurt. He was so miserable. Then, this morning Justin wasn't feeling good and felt like he had strep throat. It turns out they both have it. They have both been lying around all day. I can't seem to do anything that pleases Sawyer. I give him the wrong juice, cup, tv show, you name it. He is just not a happy guy today. Thankfully, Jax is feeling great and hanging out with his Lulu and Happy today.

Hopefully, the meds will kick in soon for Justin and Sawyer. Oh, and I have the best pediatrician ever. She currently has breast cancer and is going through chemotherapy treatments, yet she saw my son on a Saturday morning when the office was closed. We all love her so much and are praying for complete recovery for her.

2 comments:

Shandra said...

wow! you have a house full! i hope you don't get it. and you do have the best dr!!

meredith said...

Thanks, so far I am fine. Sawyer and Justin are starting to feel much better.