Thursday, April 23, 2009

Play Hard

That was our motto yesterday. We started the day by meeting our friends Robin, Noah, and Jude for a train ride. The boys loved it and Robin and I were actually able to chat and catch up. It is nice to be able to have an adult conversation every once in a while.

When the train ride was over we went to the botanical gardens to play and eat lunch.

The boys took turns pulling each other in the wagon. You think this would have worn them out, but they didn't even nap when we got home. Jax did catch a few z's in the car, but he was ready to play some more when we got home.


After what was supposed to be nap time, we went to pick strawberries.

Here is Sawyer with his good friend Makinly. He says she is his girlfriend. Jax is pretty fond of her as well.
The boys didn't want to wait for me to wash the strawberries. They were filthy, but there was no time for baths. I had to work in the church nursery.

We had dinner and a little play time before church. There is no better way to end a great day than with an ice cream cone.

4 comments:

Robin said...

wow- no nap? my boys were out! we had a great time with you and the boys. we'll have to do again sometime!

The Kinley's said...

where'd you pick the stawberries at? I want to, too!

meredith said...

Robin, yes we will.
Crissy, it was at Gnismer Farm located on Bowen in Arlington. They are only open of Wednesdays and Sat. I would call before I go, because their hours are a little weird. It was lots of fun. JT would love it.

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

Awe, it looks like y'all had a blast. I hate me and Nay-Nay couldn't join y'all. Maybe next time!