Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

Justin and I took the boys to an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday. There were tons of kids there and it was a bit overwhelming, but they had fun.
Jax got a few eggs, and was satisfied.
Yesterday we went to church and then came home and took naps. After the boys got up I let them open their baskets. I didn't get many good pictures of them in their matching vests. I also couldn't find the egg dye I bought, so we didn't dye eggs. I guess if I find it we will dye eggs another day.

We skyped with Jon and Kelsey while the boys opened their baskets. It was just like they were with us except for they were sitting on our table and we couldn't hug them. Thankfully we will be able to hug them in less than two weeks.
One day last week I made the boys an Easter themed lunch. It was very simple, but they loved it. I made scrambled eggs, bunny shaped sandwiches, banana bunny ears, and chow mein noodle nests with raisins and jelly beans for the eggs. I also enjoyed teaching Sawyer about why we celebrate Easter. Of course, he doesn't totally understand, but he knows that it was a sad day when Jesus died on the cross and was laid in the tomb. He also knows that it was a very happy day when Jesus rose from the dead and the tomb was empty. Sawyer says, " Yay! He was reesen!" Last night Justin played the guitar and he and Sawyer sang praises to Jesus.
I also made this little craft with Sawyer to teach him about the empty tomb. We did some other Easter crafts and activities throughout the week that you can see here.
We are all finally well, so hopefully we can get out of the house some this week. We made the most of our time at home, but it nice to be feeling better.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

The boys look so cute in their vests! Jay actually had the same vest as Sawyer. Good to see that yall had a good Easter.