Monday, January 12, 2009

Random Monday

I think I will skip the not me's this week, since I was perfect all week and don't have anything to confess to. I didn't go to the store to buy wipes and leave the store with $50 worth of other items and forget the wipes. I certainly didn't do anything stupid like forget to buckle Sawyer into his car seat on the way home from Target. Or maybe I just feel like writing about something different this week.

I got Sawyer this book for Christmas. It is called the Memory bible. I got it on sale at Mardel's. I thought it would be good because it has songs to go with each verse and my kids love music. Sawyer learned one verse last week and when I introduced our new verse today he already knew it. I was shocked! When I asked him how he knew it, he said "it is from the song." I think this is a great book! Sawyer is very protective of it and calls it his Bible study book, so he wasn't very happy when Jax tore 2 pages out of it this morning.

During the month of December we talked to Sawyer often about the Christmas story. He knew that we were celebrating Jesus's birthday. I told him that Mary was Jesus's mother, but didn't talk about her that much. Well, he has a bit of an obsession with the virgin Mary. He would say, "I love Mary" and point her out whenever he saw a nativity scene. One day I picked him up from church and they had glued pieces of the nativity scene to a piece of paper and the only person of Sawyer's picture was Mary. Well, Christmas is over and he keeps asking me when we are going to celebrate Mary's birthday. It is so funny! He hadn't mentioned her in a few days, so I was kind of hoping he would forget about it, so I don't have to bake a cake for Mary. Well, yesterday we were at Sonic and I heard Sawyer say from the backseat, "Look, it is Joseph." I thought he was talking about a friend of his named Joseph, so I looked around and then I saw a man with long hair and a full beard. Sawyer said "Mommy, it is Joseph. Where is Mary? Is she in that car? I want to see her." I was so glad he was strapped in his car seat and that our windows were rolled up.

No comments: