Sunday, January 25, 2009

Jaxon's Turn

A few posts ago I mentioned that I didn't have many pictures of Jax. He is so busy it is sometimes hard to get a good shot of him. He does love to say cheese though. If he even sees a camera he strikes a pose and says "cheese."
We have had nice weather off and on lately. I like it when it is warm because Jax loves to play outside. We have taken the boys to the park quite a bit this month. Jax loves to swing, slide, and climb on anything he can. He has no fear which makes me very nervous. Sawyer is pretty brave too, but he is cautious and seems to know his limits and has always been this way. Jax is not at all cautious and thinks he can do anything. His favorite thing to do at home is climb behind the couch or jump from the couch to the ottoman to the love seat. He falls all the time, but it doesn't seem to bother him. He cries for a minute and then is back at it again. He is so persistent! This can be a good or bad quality depending on the circumstance.

He is a good eater. As you can see he loves spaghetti. He is pretty good at feeding himself, but does make quite a mess sometimes. His favorite foods are berries, bananas, and any kind of snack food. He always asks for "naks" even if he has just eaten.
He continues to be a very affectionate child. He loves to give hugs and kisses to just about anyone. He especially loves babies and dogs. My friend gave him a couple of baby dolls, because he loves her daughter's dolls so much. He carries them around all the time. He also likes to color,read books, play with play-doh, and just about anything big brother is doing.
He is a full blown toddler who's favorite words are mine and no. I swear he says mine at least 100 times a day. He says it about my cell phone, the dog's bowl, Sawyer's cup, or anything else we try to take away from him. I love this age, but it is also very challenging. I can't quite reason with him yet and the whining can drive me crazy sometimes. Thankfully, he wears himself out during the day and sleeps like a champ every night.
Here he is saying "cheese".

2 comments:

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

What a great post! It's been a while since we have seen y'all and he sure doesn't look like a baby anymore in those pics. Look forward to seeing y'all soon!
Meg

Anonymous said...

He sure is growing up! I don't know about all that baby doll stuff. It's time for a hunting rifle :) Oh...I don't even have a hunting rifle. Nevermind.

-jon