Saturday, August 30, 2008

In less than a month

My baby boy will be a year old. This year has flown by and I can't believe it is almost his birthday. He is crawling all over the place and walking holding onto things. He is a good eater and quite the mama's boy. He loves to dance and play with his brothers toys. He finally has two teeth. During the day if I ask him where Daddy is, he puts his hand up to his ear like he is talking on the phone and says, "Da Da".



It won't be long and he will be driving and running up minutes on his cell phone.

Sawyer is almost two and a half. He is learning so much lately. I absolutely love this age because he just soaks everything up like a sponge and loves to learn. He is a good big brother although a little rough at times. He is all boy and loves to explore, climb and wrestle. His favorite movie these days is the Letter Factory. He has been watching for the past week and a half and has learned most of his letter sounds. That is a great video! We had it with Sebastian and he learned all of his sounds really quickly. The only thing I don't like about it is that is says the L says ul and the R says er. It really drives me crazy especially since I taught elementary reading. Sawyer copies the video and says it just like they do. I can't stand it, but I am trying to teach him the correct way. Over all though it is a good video.

Sawyer loves to read and do puzzles. When we go to play groups I can usually find him in a room sitting on the floor looking through books. We go to the library at least once a week. Our library is right next to the MAC, so it is perfect. He can go run around for an hour and then go next door and get some books and videos.

Well, here is your update on the Bufkin boys. I hear them fighting over toys, so I better go see about things.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

oh, auntie jessica and lulu love that he loves books. hopefully, he won't outgrow them like his father and his uncle jon...

Megan said...

hasn't this year flown by? i can't believe sarah's birthday is less than 2 weeks away! jax is so cute...do you think he could give sarah some of that hair? :)

meredith said...

Megan, it has flown by. I hope sarah has a great first birthday. I was just thinking that I may need to cut his hair, but I love his little curls, so I probably won't just yet.

Sarah said...

How are your parents? Did they get much damage?

meredith said...

thanks for asking, sarah. They are fine. They really didn't get it too bad where they live, just a lot of limbs down.
How about you guys?

Sarah said...

About the same with us. However, they are telling us it is going to be quite sometime before we get electricity back. We may be looking at an extended closure at school.