Saturday, September 06, 2008

Baby Steps, Cows, and Bug Bites

Jaxon has taken a few steps this week. He really wants to walk, but he doesn't have the greatest balance. He will stand up and dance to music and he has taken about 4 or 5 steps at a time before he falls. He thinks it is so much fun to walk and he laughs the whole time. This is another reason that he loses his balance. He just gets too excited. It won't be long until he is walking all over the place.

Yesterday we went to the stock yards with Jessica, Lori, and baby Ella. The boys waved as the cows walked by and then we had lunch.

I promised Sawyer he could ride a cow before we left. He was excited about it until he got up there. When Big Jake started to move he got a little nervous.

I didn't understand what he was fussing about until I got on. It feels a lot higher up than it looks, so I imagine it must feel really high for a two year old.

As we were getting ready to leave I noticed that Sawyer's arm was really red and swollen. Then I noticed a spot above his eye as well. I didn't know what was going on, so I called his doctor on the way home. I brought him in and she said it was just a localized allergic reaction to mosquito bites. I gave him benadryl twice yesterday and it looks a lot better today.

No comments: