Monday, August 18, 2008

School is in session

Justin started back to school today. I know we are really going to miss having him around. Sawyer is pretending to talk to him on the phone as I am typing this. I am not even a little bit sad that I am not teaching this year. I really enjoyed being home with the boys last year. Before I became a stay at home mom I used to think about the fun things I could do with my kids and things I could teach them. Even though I enjoyed last year, I must say that with a one year old and a baby many of my days were about survival. We have had a very busy summer, so I am looking forward to things slowing down just a bit.
The boys are both at such a fun age. Sawyer is so imaginative and is always coming up with little games for us to play. He is very into the pretend play these days. Jaxon likes trying to keep up with his brother and is fascinated with anything he can throw. He has quite an arm for a 10 month old.
I am trying to plan some activities to do with the boys during the day and to be more intentional about teaching them. I really want to work on letter recognition and sounds with Sawyer. He knows some of his letter sounds, but he gets a lot of the letters mixed up. He is at an age where he is soaking up everything, so I want to make sure I take advantage of this. Today we talked about the letter A. Even Jax had fun saying a, a, a.

Sawyer made apple prints. I told him to hold it up where I could see it and he kept covering up his face.

Jax has been a little under the weather, but I think he is starting to feel better. This is one of his funny faces. He makes all kinds of crazy faces.

3 comments:

Shandra said...

those apple prints are cute!!! i bet he had fun!

meredith said...

thanks, he did have fun. when justin got home he was so excited to show him what he had made.

Anonymous said...

You should have told him "A is for Austin and Ashley."