I was a camp counselor at our kids camp at church. It was a day camp for kids K-5th grade and was supposed to be held outside at a recreation center. Because of the never ending rain we were only able to be outside on Monday. We spent the rest of the week at the church. Friday it didn't rain too bad, but everything was flooded and the Trinity River was too high and fast for us to be out there. It was still a lot of fun and our girls did not complain at all. I had 8 third grade girls and three teenage counselors. I think this pregnant girl really lucked out because I didn't have to be in the hot sun all day. I signed Sawyer up for mini camp, but he only ended up only going 1/2 day on Wednesday. The rest of the time he stayed with Jessica, Mrs.Lou, or Justin. I am glad I don't have to go back to work next year because I hated being away from him. Well, this is what I have been up to this week. I have two weeks of rest and then it is time for preschool VBS.
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Camp Sonshine A.K.A. Camp Monsoon
I was a camp counselor at our kids camp at church. It was a day camp for kids K-5th grade and was supposed to be held outside at a recreation center. Because of the never ending rain we were only able to be outside on Monday. We spent the rest of the week at the church. Friday it didn't rain too bad, but everything was flooded and the Trinity River was too high and fast for us to be out there. It was still a lot of fun and our girls did not complain at all. I had 8 third grade girls and three teenage counselors. I think this pregnant girl really lucked out because I didn't have to be in the hot sun all day. I signed Sawyer up for mini camp, but he only ended up only going 1/2 day on Wednesday. The rest of the time he stayed with Jessica, Mrs.Lou, or Justin. I am glad I don't have to go back to work next year because I hated being away from him. Well, this is what I have been up to this week. I have two weeks of rest and then it is time for preschool VBS.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
glad you had a good experience! i'll be in pre-teen camp this time next week; i hope it does not rain! :)
Post a Comment