Monday, March 10, 2008

Just the Beginning

Ever since we found out we were expecting our second baby boy I looked forward to the day he and Sawyer would play together. They aren't quite there yet, but it won't be long. Jax squeals with joy when Sawyer walks in a room. He tries to imitate his big brother's noises and movements. He reaches out for him and gives him big wet kisses. I absolutely love it! Of course, Sawyer likes playing with Jax now because he can do it on his terms. I know it will be a different story when Jax starts getting into his stuff. When Sawyer was only 10 months old and we found out we were having another baby, a little part of me felt a little guilty. I felt like I would be taking time and attention away from Sawyer, but now I can see that we gave Sawyer a wonderful gift. I am so excited to watch them become brothers and friends.

Another thing that is just beginning is the trying twos. I can't bring myself to say the word terrible. I love, love, love my little boy, but sometimes he can try me. He is so sweet and loving most of the time, but he has an aggressive side. Right now we are working on playing nice with his friends. I am worried that I am raising the playground bully, but my friends with little boys have assured me this is normal and will pass. I think part of it is that he doesn't always know the appropriate way to communicate his excitement, frustration, etc. so he just pushes or pulls hair. His birth announcement said "all of God's grace in one sweet face." Sometimes I need to remember to show God's grace to that sweet little face.

I tried to post pictures, but blogger is having some issues.

1 comment:

Shandra said...

i SO know what you mean about the boys being the best of friends. it's so fun to watch them interact!