We have been getting out of the house a lot lately, but today we are staying in. We have been twice in the last week to visit Granddoe, Justin's grandma at Town Village. All of the elderly people there love Sawyer. Of course he doesn't appreciate all of the attention, because he is always asleep. He sleeps through most of our outings. Friday I took him to my school to show him off to all my teacher friends. Some of my students got to see him, too. Of course I wouldn't let them touch him and I made them stand far enough away so that they would not breathe on him. I miss my kids, but I am very glad I don't have to go back just yet. Apparently my kids miss me too, because the sub told me they got mad at her last week and started pounding their fists on the desk and chanting "Bufkin, Bufkin, Bufkin." I felt bad for her, but I couldn't help but laugh.
On Sunday we took Sawyer to his first Dallas Stars hockey game. Of course he slept through most of it. I don't know how because it was so loud in there and we had the most annoying man sitting behind us. I think he should have been playing, because he seemed to be such an expert on what everyone should be doing. Anyways, Sawyer didn't cry the entire game until the end when the Stars lost in overtime. I am sure he wasn't the only one who wanted to cry. They are out of the playoffs, so I guess we will have to wait until next year to see them play again.
Well, I guess I will go be somewhat productive or maybe I will just go take a nap.
Here are some recent pictures of our little man. He was born with a full head of hair and it is continuing to grow in the back, but it is falling out on top so he looks like a cute little old man.
Here he is before the Stars game all ready to cheer them on.

I took these two pictures today. At least one of us is dressed today.

He always has that left hand up.
11 comments:
He keeps getting cuter! Enjoy days in your pjs. I didn't get out of mine today either!
Like a little old man, hunh? So does that mean the title ODB is aptly applied? Just remember, it didn't come from me.
Too cute, Mer! He is getting so big. I miss you guys. I will have to call you tomorrow.
Well, last night wasn't much better. He ate about every 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Do you moms think he is having a growth spurt or what? I don't know what it is, but he is wearing me out. I am going to try and call his dr. today. Any advice?
And Michael maybe I am just slow today due to lack of sleep, but i don't know what the heck you are talking about.
I was able to explain the gangsta lingo to Meredith. I feel you Mike.
-Justin
he is a cutie! i see a little of Justin in him in one picture, but more of Meredith. sorry Justin!
Meredith...i think they hit a growth spurt about 6 weeks old. how old is he now? my dr told me that if Andrew can go say 4 hrs one night then wakes up every 2 hrs another night to try and hold him off before feeding him. he said he will probably get used to that feeding again. does that make sense? i would go in and offer him the passy. i really don't remember how old Andrew was at that time tho and Sawyer seems pretty little. maybe your dr gave you some good advice....just try and feed him lots during the day. good luck! ...oh and there are days i'm in my pjs all day!! enjoy it!
Mer, i love the new pics! he is so cute, i hope you get some sleep sister. love you
I introduced the pacifier during an evening where Jolie wanted to eat all night. I was reluctant, but so glad I gave in & gave it to her! One of my friend's first born did the wake up every 2 hours several times during a growth spurts. Just do what feels right. If you can handle it you can always attempt to let him cry it out.
Thanks Shandra and Megan. He is 6 weeks old tomorrow and I think it was a growth spurt. That is what the dr. thought too. He did great last night. I also was able to pump enough so that Justin could give him a bottle before bed. It was his first time to take a bottle, but he did great. One problem we have never had is getting Sawyer to eat! We are all feeling rested this morning.
Glad he's doing better. That's one thing I did...gave a bottle before bed. That way I knew he was getting enough. Hope he keeps it up!
Yea! Glad you had a better night!
Post a Comment