Friday, April 07, 2006

First Bath


We gave Sawyer his first bath last night. I was sure he wouldn't like it, because he doesn't really like having his diaper changed or getting dressed. I decided to swaddle bathe him, a trick I learned during my child life internship. He loved it. He didn't cry a bit and in fact he was so calm he almost fell asleep. I guess my four month internship was not a total waste. Sawyer is such a good baby and I love being a mommy. It truly is the greatest thing. He had his two week check up today and is now 61bs 13 oz and 21'' long. He is a good eater! Thank you all for your words of encouragement and congratulations.

7 comments:

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

Whoa! Sawyer already wieghs 61 pounds? :o)

A Little Water said...

Praise God for this precious baby!What a precious gift. I just watched the video- successfully & made me cry. It's so great to see a new post about you guys. Sending you some South Asia love!!!

Anonymous said...

At 61 lbs he almost weighs as much as Justin's head!

meredith said...

Forgive Meredith for the oversight. She mixed up his current weightlifting average with his body weight. He is actually 6 lbs.

-Justin

Anonymous said...

Justin, you are the best blog replier on the planet. Why aren't you this witty in real life? (I'll admit - you almost are, but not quite.)
I'm looking forward to meeting little ODB.

Jessica said...

being the good point man that i am, i think justin is always funny. always. never not funny. completely funny at all times.

how'd i do?

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

But Justin, you do realize that lifting a Bufkin head off of his pillow is not really the same as weight lifting.

I'm just kidding, I know how you new parents get a/b yo chilluns. Sawyer is quite honestly a ruggedly handsome young man w/ quite the average sized cranial orb.