
Last weekend we had the pleasure of hosting Austin and Ashley's couple shower at our home. I was so thankful Justin got the floors done in time or I don't know what we would have done. Although, Kim Hood did have a little mishap involving her heel and our transition piece between the carpet and the floor. We played a little speedy trivia game between the boys and girls. We wanted to see who knew more useless information, Austin or Ashley. I don't even know who won because I gave up before the game was over. We also enjoyed our overnight guests, Kristin, Bradley, and Sarah. It was so much fun staying up late talking and catching up. I really wish we could all see each other more often. I miss those girls!


If Justin was not busy enough with teaching, renevating our home, and helping get ready for the baby he has a new found hobby.... Cutting Coupons. A friend of ours in our home team (small group from church) told us about how you can cut coupons and go to grocery stores for double and triple coupon days. They told us about how they will get hundreds of dollars of groceries for $20. Well, Justin's ears perked up at this and he went shopping with these friends last week. First, he had to buy 4 newspapers and cut out all the coupons. He got me free razors and cheese and some other things for practically nothing. Well, last week I went to check our e-mail which we share and there were 24 new e-mails. When I checked the box I didn't recognize any of the names, all female I must add. Guess what Justin did? He joined a mailing list for the DFW coupon club, so now we get daily tips about where the best deals are. This seems a bit extreme to me! If you want to know how to get free stuff, just ask Justin. He is very proud of this new discovery.
12 comments:
I love that Justin is in the coupon club. I hope the initiation is not as difficult as the one for Gilbert FFA.
Man, that brings back such bad memories for me, and I wasn't even there. HOT DOGS and BANANAS, AAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Michael, you are just jealous that you are not as special as me and Kristin! LOL! Seriously though, I did have a great time!
About Justin and his shopping addiction...more power to him! I wish sometimes that my Justin would do our grocery shopping!
Sarah, I was referring to the horrid tales of Gilbert High FFA initiations. The Shame! The Horrors!
I like to call them unclaimed items at the grocery store ...not coupons. Anybody want some toothpaste or pork'n beans. As far as Gilbert FFA is concerned these initiation practices are confidential and should not be mentioned outside of the city limits.
-Justin
Justin, I understand if the scars still run too deep, but you need to let it all go my friend. You can't continue to hide the things they did to you. You need to find closure.
Ok...Michael..I am a retard!!!
tell Justin he needs to blog about this coupon club. i'm all about saving a penny!!!
tell Shandra that I will try and post about it when I get a chance
i'll tell her! heehee
Mer, how cute and pregnant are you! I am looking forward to meeting this new member of your family...right now, I'm sure you are too! Love ya!
Bethie, It's so good to hear from you. Yes, I am ready to meet our baby boy and ready to have my body back.
Post a Comment