Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Childbirth, Mardi Gras, and Laminate Floors

This past weekend was very busy for us. Saturday we went to our childbirth preparation class from 9:00-3:00. It was a long class, but it was very imformative. We watched several videos. The first video showed 3 women and their childbirth experiences. Mommy A chose no meds, Mommy B chose narcotics, but no epidural, and Mommy C chose the epidural. Mommy C seemed to be screaming less than the others, so that's my choice. Glo, the nurse who taught the class had the husbands rate their wives pain tolerance from a 1-10. 1 being very high to 10 being basically a wimp. Justin said I was a 7 or 8, but I think I am really a 10. A lot of people asked me why we needed to go to a childbirth class, but I am glad we went. We feel more prepared and it makes the day seem that much closer. My due date is exactly 6 weeks from today.

After the class we worked on projects in the house and then went to a Mardi Gras get together at Jessica's house. Stacy brought a king cake and Johnny's pizza from Louisiana for us to enjoy. Jessica made some yummy gumbo. I played Nerts or Nerks or whatever for the first time without a partner.
My table was all girls and we were all sweet to each other except for the time I slapped Mandy's hand away, but I did apologize. Meg threw out the occasional "You Jerk !!!" which she always followed up with " I am just kidding." It was nothing compared to the insults coming from the other table. Meg and Justin were the champions of the game. It was so much fun that Justin and I went back for seconds on pizza and gumbo after church on Sunday. Justin got the baby, so I guess we will be throwing a Mardi Gras party at our home next year. Save the date.

Our laminate floor is finally down. Justin put down the last piece last night and we are having someone come to put down the foot molding or whatever it is called. Everything is coming together. We still have a lot of cleaning to do. Our furniture is scattered all over the house and garage. It will be nice to be able to park in the garage again soon. Don't expect a post for us for a while because we will be very busy the rest of the week. We are having company this weekend, Amber, Cleve, and Eli. Then next weekend Kristin and Bradley Parker and Sarah Harris Moss are coming to visit. I can't wait to see them all!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to tell Ashley that you aren't lazy, but she didn't believe me.

Ashley said...

Let the truth be known....

Mer, Austin typed that comment about you being lazy.

Beloved Austin, why art thou strirring up strife?

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

So that laminate around the dishwasher came out alright?

meredith said...

Michael, I didn't put any laminate around Meredith just on the floor :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. Nicely done. . .

Stacy said...

that was WRONG. but i'm so laughing my butt off...

Ashley said...

Let me say for the record that on Meredith's behalf I am offended at such a statement.....

Now, on the hilarity and witt scale...I give you 8.993 stars (out of 10). That was fantastic! I was truly laughing out loud at that one. Well done!

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

Well, I guess you've already got her pregnent. She might as well be bare-foot and in the kitchen.

So what does Justin say to Meredith when she has two black eyes? Nothing. He's already told her twice.

meredith said...

No comment...

meredith said...

Ha! Ha! You are all so funny! Let's laugh at the pregnant woman. I think we all know the real truth about who runs this home. If I say jump.....well you know the rest!

Stacy said...

ok the black eyes thing, NOT funny!i went to see madea's family reunion last night and it was hilarious. there was also a lesson on how to get back at a man who liked to talk with his hands...involved a hot pot of grease and an iron skillet...but i know you will never need such advice since as long as the words "justin's the man" are heard often, there is peace in the bufkin household!