Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Lazy Days

I will just blame it on the cold, dreary weather, but I feel very lazy. This weekend I was not very productive and spent all Sunday, even church time in front of Jessica's tv. We still don't have cable. I was planning to go to church, but Justin who was already there setting up sound told me not to come because of the icy roads. He said he would never forgive himself if something happened, so I stayed in bed. Now, I did go to work yesterday because I had to. Another reason I feel so lazy is that the whole time I am in front of the computer or t.v. my wonderful husband has been putting down laminate floors throughout our house. At this very moment he is laying down floors all by himself and our friend, April is touching up paint throughout our house. She is doing the baseboards right now and where am I? I am in front of the computer!! I did make chicken pot pie and fruit salad for supper, so I am not totally lazy.
Today was the TAKS test at school, but most of my students didn't have to take it. They take an alternative assessment at a different date, so I had to keep 20 special ed students in my classroom all day, and I mean all day, so they did not disturb the other students. Since I was feeling so lazy and because it would have been impossible to teach all those kids different things at one time, I gave fake TAKS tests and then we watched movies. I didn't want them to know they weren't taking the TAKS, so I made tests for them to take. They did not enjoy the Johnny Appleseed and Abe Lincoln movies the librarian let me use, so I told her I needed something that would keep their attention. For the last 2 hours of the day they watched Shrek. I don't think that was the most appropriate movie for them to watch, but they enjoyed it. They especially liked the part when Shrek was saving the princess and he said "I need to go save my ass!" Oops!! I forgot about that part. When they howled with laughter I reminded them that he was talking about the donkey. I hope I don't have any phone calls from irate parents this evening. I am sure most of them hear much worse at home.

I am going to go make myself useful and bake cookies for Justin and April. Oh, and for those of you who are concerned about my pregnancy weight gain, don't you worry!! I am 33 weeks and have gained 33 pounds. Justin posted the last picture and he chose one that didn't make me look too big. I seem to be growing more and more everyday and the people I work with are now starting to tell me how big I am getting.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

*cough* *cough* "I'm an assmatic!" *cough*
I can't believe you show movies like that to your kids. Ashley and I want you and Justin to take the quiz we did on her blog. So stop be lazy and do it!

Anonymous said...

"being" lazy. "being!" I hate that these stupid things don't let you edit posts.

Jessica said...

my video on the holocaust monday used the word "damn." i think you're safe.

elly said...

Oh my gosh girl, be lazy all you want - ENJOY while you can - in a few weeks you are going to BEG, I repeat, BEG for sleep! Even with Auntie Jess and Grammie and Papa there, there is only so much they can do and little Sawbuck must eat every 2 hours come H or highwater! As wonderful as motherhood is, it is exhausting!! So lay around and let Justin cater to your every need!!!

cde said...

New Baby News @ www.ellisbaby.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

MerMer,
Stop being lazy. You know I would never be lazy. You should be productive like me.

meredith said...

I have not been lazy this week! I have been a busy bee.