Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Mardi Gras

Well, Justin informed me that I needed to update. He thought the pictures of Sawyer on the toilet were too personal. I apologize if I offended anyone, but I did make sure that nothing too personal was showing if you know what I mean. I am sorry, but I never thought I could get so excited over anyone using the potty. Oh dear, here I go again. I better change the subject.
I took the boys to visit my family last week. It was my first time to travel alone with them and it went really well. I guess I wasn't totally alone because the Wiggles and Diego were with me and they did most of the work of entertaining the boys. Also, I met my brother Matthew in Ruston and he drove the rest of the way. We had a great time. The boys had their first taste of king cake and beignets.
They also went to their first Mardi Gras parade. They didn't know what to think at first, but they got the hand of it. Sawyer was yelling "throw me something, mister" and Jax was just yelling "ahhh". Every time a float passed by he would say "more, more."
Jax isn't really attacking his Poppy here. I am not sure why my dad is making that face. He must have been tired of holding the boys all morning.
Isn't this lady festive in her hat and coat? I have no idea who she is, but I wanted to take her picture. Her husband was yelling at the cheerleaders to "shake it, baby" when they walked by. They were too funny.
Maybe I should write a disclaimer here: this was a nice, family parade in Covington. Noone was shot or badly harmed although a lady did get her leg run over by a float. Ok, so maybe one person was harmed, but it wasn't exactly because of a violent crime. There was no profanity or nudity and all I had to do was smile and wave to get those beads I am wearing. Man, I think I am getting too personal again. I wonder how long it will be before Justin asks me to remove this post.

1 comment:

The Kinley's said...

the wiggles are a new must for us and I look forward to taking them on tour to Wyoming with us in a few weeks