Monday, February 09, 2009

Not Me Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

While visiting with friends this weekend, I did not neglect to check out the surroundings before putting my one year old in his pack and play to sleep. I did not neglect to notice my friend's purse hanging right in reach of my curios little boy. When my husband went to check on him he didn't find him in a pile of receipts, paper, and money. He didn't have candy stuck to his face. No, my baby did not eat a chocolate covered candy cane while he was supposed to be napping!

I did not eat way too much at my friend's house that day. I didn't have girl scout cookies before dinner and ice cream with girl scout cookies after dinner. On the way home I didn't tell my husband that I was really craving a big, juicy hamburger. I didn't eat said hamburger while my husband and children ate cereal for dinner.

It did not take me over 3 hours to clean out my closet this weekend. I did not have piles of clothes on the floor. My shoes were not all over the closet floor instead of in the nice built in shelves in my closet. My closet was not so horribly cluttered that it wouldn't even close. My two year old did not say, "Good job, Mommy. You put everything in it's place."

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Thanks for the prayer, Meredith! I really appreciate it. Hopefully I will fall asleep and stay asleep tonight.

Ashley said...

So, did jax crash on the way home? Congrats on the closet. When are you free to tackle mine?

meredith said...

He actually did not sleep at all on the way home. He even had a hard time going to sleep that night. I think he was overly tired, but he slept good that night.
I will pass on the closet offer.