Monday, October 06, 2008

Birthday Party Highlights



Jaxon's first birthday party was this past weekend. My parents, brothers, and grandma came in for the festivities. Justin's grandparents also came. I decided that I wanted to try and make cupcakes myself. A few weeks ago I asked my mom and grandma if they would mind helping me. My grandma started looking for ideas and decided to make a barn cake and animal cupcakes. She baked all of the goodies at home and we spent all day Saturday helping her decorate them. She did an amazing job! They were a hit!
We also had a vegetable garden, chicken feed (chex mix and candy corn), pigs in a blanket, and hot dogs.
Jax loved the cupcakes. He inhaled 1 sheep cupcake and a mini chick cupcake.
Lulu and Happy graciously allowed me to turn their backyard into a miniature farm without the live animals of course. We had rocking horses and a cow instead. We also had a ball bit and a mini roller coaster my friend, Joan let us borrow. The kids loved that thing. I may have to tell Santa Claus about it.

My mom helped all of the kids decorate mini pumpkins and treat bags. Sawyer especially liked the dum dum suckers. Every time I saw him he had a different color sucker in his mouth. I was too busy visiting with our guests to monitor his sugar intake.

We sent our guests home with their decorated bags and a cd Justin burned with kids songs and a picture of my sweet baby Jax on the cover. I hope everyone had a good a time as we did.

2 comments:

Robin said...

we had a great time at the party. thanks for inviting us!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! We miss our Jax and Sawyer.