Friday, September 12, 2008

D for Doctor

It seems like Friday has become our day to visit the doctor's office. For some reason my kids always get sick on Thursday evenings or Friday mornings. If they got sick earlier in the week I may take a little more time and see if they get better, but I don't want to go all weekend worrying about them, so we usually go in. Thankfully our wonderful pediatrician always works us in.
Yesterday evening Jaxon spiked a fever. It was over 103 and he was so irritable. He could not stop screaming and was having chills and very lethargic. It was just awful. The tylenol helped a little, but he still had a fever today. The doctor thinks it is just a virus, but we are waiting on the results of his blood and urine tests.
I have been working on the letter D this week with Sawyer, so I told him we were going to visit the doctor. He thought it was great. Last week he went in for bug bites, so it wasn't bad at all and he got a sticker. Today he went with his sick brother and got a sticker. Then, I bought him an ice cream cone on the way home. He was eating his ice cream and he said "i want to go to the doctor tomorrow." Silly boy!
Ashley told me she hopes we don't go to the Emergency room for E week. Great! Maybe we will skip the letter E.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

H week came a little early for "hurricane" =D


Meghan

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

Tell Jaxi that he needs to better soon. Naomi's going to be upset if she can't play her friend on Sunday.