O.K., so whoever wrote the lyrics "easy like Sunday morning" did not have kids and probably didn't work at a church. Sunday mornings are never easy for us, because Justin has to be at church by 7:00 am and I always have to get both kids and myself fed, dressed, and ready to go all by myself. Jaxon won't nap at church, so that is tough too. He usually screams quite a bit in the nursery. Last week I started working in the nursery as well.
So, Sunday mornings are not so easy around here, but this one was unusually difficult. This was supposed to be my first week to work during the early service. I got up early enough to get myself ready before the kids got up. I fed and dressed both boys and had their bags ready to go by 8:15 ( the time we needed to leave by). Then as I was putting Jax into his car seat I smelled a familiar smell. I changed his diaper and got him back into his seat. Then I looked over at Sawyer who was busy filling his diaper as well. Good thing I can change poopy diapers quickly.
We were all in the car and the 30 minute drive was going well, when I looked back at Sawyer. He looked a little queazy and was starting to fuss. He has thrown up in the car numerous times, so I knew what would happen if we didn't get to church soon. The words "we are almost there, baby" had just left my mouth when he vomited all over himself and the car seat. Ugg! I drove the rest of the way to church and called Justin who wasn't able to come help me. I changed the poor boy's clothes the middle of the parking lot and cleaned up the seat as best I could with baby wipes.
I didn't know if he was sick or just car sick, but I didn't want to risk getting anyone else sick. I took him in just to get him cleaned up and oh, Jax had another poopy diaper that needed to be changed. Did I mention it wasn't even 9:00 am yet? ( If you were still asleep at 9:00 am I don't even want to hear about it.)
Thank goodness Sawyer didn't throw up on the way home. Actually, both boys fell asleep. The verdict is still out as to whether or not he is sick. He is playing and singing right now, so he seems to feel ok. I still need to clean out the car seat and wash the nasty clothes, but I am completely out of laundry detergent. Of course!
We had a wonderful, relaxing Saturday, so at least I was well rested enough to handle all of this. I hope everyone else enjoys their Sunday and hope this is not the start of a vomit filled week for us. Oh, and if anyone has any tips for preventing car sickness please let me know. We are going to be in the car a lot this summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that is crazy. i never really thought about a child getting car sick! poor thing! your sundays sound like mine when matt has to work in the morning. i usually skip class that day b/c it's too hard getting home at 12:30 and trying to feed everyone and get them down to nap at a decent time. blake struggles at church too b/c he doesn't get his morning nap. when i walk w/ him in his room today he started crying and basically cried off and on after that. i went to check on him after my nursery duty and he was bawling so i just took him and the rest of the family and left. ugh! sundays are stressful here too. i feel your pain. they are moving b up to the walker class so i'm praying that will make a difference! hope sawyer just got sick from the car...i guess. not sure that's any better since you're traveling this a lot this summer. hope you can figure out something to do...i'm assuming he's turned around?
I know, I always feel bad for the workers when my child is the one crying.
Sawyer threw up again this afternoon, so I guess it wasn't car sickness. He is also running a fever, poor baby.
Post a Comment