Saturday, June 21, 2008

Behind on my blogging

Our summer is off to a very busy start. The week before last we went to the beach with my parents and brothers. I finally uploaded the 250 pictures we took today. I am sure Justin would like to photoshop them before I post, but who knows how long it will be before he has time to do that. I apologize if my pictures aren't perfect.


We started off our trip by driving to my parent's house. We spent one day there swimming and shopping for our trip. I was worried about Jax because the few times I had put him in a swimming pool he hated it and screamed the whole time. Well, he got over that quickly. He absolutely loves the swimming pool now. He could splash forever. The only problem is he doesn't want us to hold him in the water, he wants to go off on his own.


When we first arrived at our condo we took the boys down to the beach to play in the sand and look at the water. Sawyer was so excited that he ran towards the waves, tripped and fell face first into the sand and water. After that, he didn't care for the sand or the ocean too much. He preferred to swim in the pool or search for shells on the beach. Jaxon preferred the pool as well and wasn't too sure what to think of the sand.



We had a nice relaxing time. On the last day we rented a boat. The boys were worn out after that and both fell asleep on the boat. It was so sweet. Justin and I were even able to go on a date one night while my parents kept the boys for us. That was a real treat!



When we got back home on Sunday evening we had so much to do, because we were both working at church camp the next day. Sebastian stayed with us and went to camp all week. Sawyer and Jaxon went with me while I worked in the nursery every morning. Justin would take Sebastian to camp and then come back and work at the church. Sawyer loved having Sebastian here. He is going to miss him so much. It was kind of crazy having 3 boys all week. Sawyer kept messing with Sebastian and Jaxon kept messing with Sawyer, so we spent a lot of time pulling kids off of each other.

Jaxon is into everything and he isn't even walking yet. As soon as I sit him down he heads either to the dog food bowl or to Sawyer's room. He also puts everything in his mouth. I don't remember Sawyer doing this quite so much, but he was also the only child we had at the time so there probably wasn't so much stuff on the floor. Just this week Jax has eaten a chicken nugget Sebastian gave him, two french fries he found on Sawyer's floor (no telling how long they were there), and two dead bugs. He is about to turn 9 months and he is pulling up, waving, and feeding himself finger food.
It is wonderful being able to spend so much time together this summer. We are having a blast and have lots more planned.

2 comments:

innocent_Dove said...

wow

seemed everyone had fun ...

nice pix

wish u n ur family the best

may god protect all of u n never separate u

take care

Sarah said...

I know what you mean about putting everything in their mouth. Jay is doing the same thing, and I don't remember Anna ever doing that! It's nice to see someone else is going through the same thing. :) I went in Jay's room the other day and he was standing in his babybed, and I cannot keep him away from the tv stand!

I love the pictures! They are beautiful! Also, you look terrific!!!