Monday, June 30, 2008

Fun in the Sun


We have been spending a lot of time playing outside lately. We went to the water park twice last week. I love going in the morning, because the boys nap so well. Last Thursday I had to wake Sawyer after he napped for over 3 hours, because I was afraid he might not sleep at night. Luckily he did. They also played in the backyard baby pool one day.
Today we met some of my teacher friends at the zoo. Not long after we got there Ashley called to tell me she saw my car in the parking lot. We met up with her and the kids she babysits. It really was a nice day for the zoo. It wasn't too hot.

The only time we really got hot was waiting in line for the carousel. Carousel and train rides were free today so the line was so long. Actually, the line wasn't all that long, but the guy running the carousel was not the most competent. It isn't all that big to begin with and half the time he didn't even fill it up. I was getting aggravated, because adults would ride on the horses instead of just standing beside their kids. There were plenty of hot kiddos waiting for horses. Sawyer and I rode on the little carriage, but he decided halfway through he wanted a horse. It was a little late and I was not about to wait in line again.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

What fun to see you at the zoo today! We will have to do that again. We had a great time.

Gracious Gifts said...

It looks like you guys are having a super fun summer!