Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Congratulations Matthew!
Jaxon and I spent last weekend celebrating Matthew's graduation with my family. I can't believe my little brother will be going off to college soon. There are 10 years in between us. I am the class of 1998 and Matthew was 2008. The baby, Daniel will be the class of 2013. As you can see I didn't follow my mom's example of spreading out her kiddos. Matthew will be following in my footsteps and attending LA Tech in the fall. I hope he loves it as much as Justin and I did.
I pray he will meet people who will challenge him and encourage him in his relationship with the Lord. Of course, I hope he makes good grades and learns what he wants to do with his life, but I want him to gain much more than that. My years spent at Tech were some of the best of my life. I don't think I will ever meet friends like the ones I met there. And of course that is where Justin and I met.
My brothers and I are blessed to have been raised in a home where God is first. We had a really sweet time of praying over my brother after graduation was over. I hope Matthew realizes how much he is loved and how many people are praying for him as he embarks on this new phase of his life.
Jaxon and Matthew share a birthday and I hope they will share more than that. Matthew was the sweetest little boy. He was always so easy going and good natured. Hopefully Jaxon will take after him.
Sawyer stayed home with Daddy this weekend and although we missed them I think Jax enjoyed being the center of attention for once. I have never seen him laugh as much as he did this weekend. My family is pretty funny in his opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment