Sunday, September 02, 2007
Insomnia
I have been awake for what is going on 32 hours now. I have had a big problem with insomnia this pregnancy. It started in my first trimester and unlike my all day long morning sickness has not completely gone away. My doctor says it is probably hormones. In April after not sleeping for about a week and trying everything she prescribed Ambien. It works really well and doesn't make me do crazy things like I have heard it does to some people. My doctor told me it is completely safe, but I still hate taking it. I just don't like the idea of having to take medicine to sleep, so I only take it when I really have to. I went about a month and a half of sleeping pretty much through the night without it and then I started having trouble again this week. Last night I was so tired, but I didn't sleep at all and I am not exaggerating. Sawyer has been napping for over 2 hours and I can't even nap. Justin is asleep on the couch even though he slept all night and I don't understand why I can't just fall asleep. I am so exhausted. I think I will actually sleep better with a newborn than I have during this pregnancy. I mean two hours at a time would be better than I have had in a long time. Well, Sawyer is awake now so I better go get him. I guess my next chance for sleep will be when he goes to bed tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
wow -- i hope you can sleep soon!!
Thanks. I took an ambien last night and slept really well only waking to use the bathroom. Of course I would love to sleep without taking meds, but I will take what I can get at this point.
You poor thing. I thought waking up five times a night to use the bathroom was bad. I cannot imagine getting no sleep! Hope it gets better for you!
Post a Comment