And who would have figured Sawyer and his Lulu would be asked to appear on the Oprah show the very same day. What a famous family I have!
Or maybe we just went to the wax museum at the Ripley's Believe It Or Not museum. First, we visited the unbelievable museum part first, which was not the most impressive thing I have ever seen. Justin and Sawyer had to rush through that part rather quickly because Sawyer had a stinky diaper.
Then we went to the wax museum part. We began the tour with visiting stars like Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts. Then saw the presidents and other influential people in our country and world from Adolf Hitler to Mother Teresa.
Then we saw fairy tale characters like Cinderella and Peter Pan.
Notice that my child is behind a chain. I think that means you are not supposed to go past that part. What do you think? We spent the whole day trying to keep him from touching things and climbing into the exhibits and then his daddy puts him here so he can get a picture of him with the cast from The Wizard of Oz. Sawyer has never seen this movie in his life, so he was less than impressed, but he did do a good lion roar.
There was also an exhibit of the life of Jesus. After leaving the nice scene of Jesus's resurection from the cross, we entered into the horror movie exhibit where we saw everyone from Frankenstein to Jack Nicholson from Silence of the Lambs. I made Justin cover Sawyer's eyes and we walked as fast as we could through this seemingly never ending maze of horror. I am not real sure why they end with this, because I was really wanting to get back to Jesus as we walked past the Texas Chainsaw Masacre.
All in all it was an interesting experience and a fun time with family.
Jessica spent some time hanging with Dr.Phil. I think Jessica could write a lot funnier commentary on our trip, so maybe she will add to my post.
Thank you Happy for a great time at the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum.
5 comments:
I didn't know that the everyone in the Bufkin clan sold their house. Or I just assume so. You know, to pay for the Ripley's tickets.
When Meg, Marisa and I went we were fortunate enough to get a loan w/ a very low APR, and in three more years that baby'll be paid off.
We had to go home and eat Sawyer's old jars of baby food b/c we ran out of money at this tourist trap. It was fun though. Aren't ya'll moving over that way to be closer to the exhibit or is it part of the payoff conditions you signed?
-Justin
evidently, ken found an extra hundred to drop for five of us to see the crap. we hadn't been since we were kids, and justin thought it was a better idea than going to the lake. that's the last time he gets to pick our family outing...
We were actually looking into renting a little broom closet they have there in the back behind the dipping dots stand for a steal at only 2,000xmonth. Meg just likes to be close tornado exhibit.
Meredith...
I found this coupon off a site and thought it might interest you. It's for Target. If you scroll down to the bottom they have Gerber jar foods by 2 save $1. I went and stocked up on some for Blake. If you hit generate you can print as many coupons as you want. I did 10 and will go back for more but I know people who did 50. I had no problem using them at Target either...just print them in color. I'm not sure when your due date is but the jars I bought expired next summer. I know how your hubby likes to save a penny!
http://coupons.50webs.org/
Post a Comment