Sunday, March 11, 2007

Spring Break and Mommy Questions

Well, it is finally spring break. I haven't written anything on our blog in a while. There isn't much to tell, I guess. Maybe we will do something interesting this week that I can blog about. We are taking Sawyer to the zoo tomorrow if the weather is nice, so I will post some pictures of that. We are going on Thursday to meet Jon and Kelsey in Little Rock. We are leaving at night so Sawyer will hopefully sleep. Now that he is so mobile he is not too big on being strapped down in the carseat. He loves to go, but if our trip is over 20 minutes he gets restless.

Speaking of Sawyer, I have a mommy question. I don't even know if anyone still reads this, but if you do and you are a mom or a pediatrician maybe you can answer my question. When and how should I introduce whole milk? His dr. said at a year to introduce whole milk and he is almost a year, so could I go a head and give him some? He already drinks out of a cup all the time. I am not worried that he won't take it, because he will eat and drink anything, but I am worried how his tummy will handle it. He already has big time constipation problems. He eats prunes or drinks prune juice everyday (like I said, he will eat anything). So, how much do I give him the first day to see how he does? I know this is so boring, but this is my life. He also eats almost only baby food with some some finger foods mixed in. I think it is time to eat more table food, but I don't know how much to give him or what exactly. Thank you!

It just wouldn't be a post without a picture of my little man. Here he is eating a lemon. It looks like he doesn't like it, but he cried when I tried to take it away!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still read!!...well, when you post!

At Andrew's 12 month apt. Andrew's Dr. told me to go ahead and give him milk. I didn't give it to him any earlier. I have friends whose doctors told them to introduce it at 11 months. So I guess it just depends on your dr. Andrew gets constipated too and drinking milk didn't plug him up any more. :) I also give him majority of his milk first thing in the morning. He drinks maybe 10 oz. then. At a year my dr says they should be getting 20 oz. a day but that also counts food...yogurt, cheese, etc. Hope that makes sense. I have a kiddo telling me he's ready to go outside and I can't think straight!!

meredith said...

Thanks, Shandra! I knew I could count on you to respond. Good to know the milk doesn't constipate too bad. Sawyer hasn't had any problems in a while, so it would probably be a good idea to start now.

Megan said...

We introduced milk a little before Jolie's birthday & she wasn't quite ready. She initially had an allergic reaction (a rash on her face). My doctor said to keep trying every 2 weeks & by 14 months she was drinking it just fine. I think its safe to try it out - you'll know if he has any problems. Jolie LOVES milk & probably drinks way too much!