Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Something to Write About


Well, I have something I can write about this time. We are adding another member to the Bufkin family. That's right, Sawyer will be a big brother. We have known for a while, but I had my first sonogram today and am a little over 10 weeks along. The due date is October 6th. That means Sawyer will be about 18 months old when the baby is born. I am sure it won't be easy having two so close together, but we are very excited. I am also excited that the first trimester is almost over, because I have been pretty nautious this time around.
In other news, Sawyer had an exciting day yesterday. He had a day of many firsts. In the morning, he had his first real milk and he seemed to like it. Then we took him to the zoo for the first time. We all had a blast. He enjoyed looking at the animals, especially feeding the birds.

He also loved the carousel and the train.
When we got back home, his Lulu gave him his first hair cut. It was about time, because he was growing a mullet. It took five of us to do the job. Mrs.Lou was the barber. Justin held his face still. I held him and sang the wheels on the bus along with Jessica and Mr. Ken.
Then after all the excitement he ended the day with one more first. His first swollen lip. He likes to play under the table and he tripped and landed on his lip. He cried and cried, but he is just fine. All in all it was a great day. And this morning we got to see our little one and hear the heartbeat, so we are loving spring break.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations guys!!! Well, I know that baby #2 will be a sweetheart just like Sawyer - you guys are obviously great parents! I hope you start feeling better soon Meredith!

Shandra said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'll be curious to know if random people ask you if it was planned or make comments about how close in age they will be. I get it ALL the time and it gets on my nerves!!! Maybe this time it will be a girl! Hope you start feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to see you guys and Sawyer this weekend! A fun time will be had by all. He looks as cute as ever and I am gonna have first hug and second. Baby #2 is on the way...you guys are out to a big lead! Our kids, even though they will be quiet younger, will still beat up yours.

meredith said...

Thanks Linda and Shandra! Yes, people ask me all the time if it was planned. Actually, we were relieved that I got pregnant so easily this time. It took us a while with Sawyer and that is my answer, but I don't just love getting into fertility issues with people I barely know. I am not sure why people ask that question. One girl I hardly knew kept saying "Bless your heart" to me.

Jon,
You are right, your heathen kids probably will try to beat up my precious children. We will teach our children not to hurt underpriveledged or weaker kids.

Anonymous said...

Don't call Sawyer "weak" or "underprivileged"!

Jessica said...

according to jon, his kids will be "quiet" younger. does their silence make them tougher?

Anonymous said...

shhhh!

Megan said...

Congrats, Meredith! Our bellies should be growing at about the same rate :)

A Little Water said...

WOW guys, that is Fantastic news! I am so glad that it happened quickly for you guys this time. Quite a blessing from the Lord. I have another friend who about 22 weeks, so I am excited there are babies everywhere!

love you guys, sawyer is so cute in his zoo pictures.