Tuesday, March 13, 2007

READ MEREDITH'S POST below this post first (her's is way more important)

This post is from Justin and that should be a surprise to you since I have not posted in some time. First of all my financial motto is "Increase your standard of living with good deals, not flippant credit card spending". Actually that is a long motto so I better go back to the drawing board on that one. I spend hours online every week trying to find the best deals possible. Meredith tells me there are support groups for people like me. I thought that if I post about some of the deal websites that I find then maybe you guys would chime in and we could learn form each other. You lurker's out there are encouraged to participate. I will get us started.

Tires:
Go to tirerack.com (subsidarary of amazon) and buy you some good tires and not the cheap $40 tires you can get anywhere. Then have them shipped for a mere $20 or so. Then take them down to Wal-Mart where you can have them install the tire as a "carry in special" for around $5. This will save you a ton and allow you to get great tires for mediocre tire prices. Give it a try.

Baby:
Go to the children's place website and hit up their clearance section often. Just about every time we have ordered clothes form there I stack a free shipping coupon($25 or more) with a 15-20% coupon in addition to the great prices. Do a google search and they will almost always have coupons available.

Miscellaneous:
Go to slickdeals.net daily and check on coupons and stackable internet deals listed on that page. Go to the right side of the page and enter the forums for some other deals not mentioned.

Technology:
Go to woot.com to check out great one item a day prices. Don't forget 2 for 1 Tuesday's. Also worth mentioning are stealdeals.net, dealsontheweb.com, and techdeals.net

Ebay strategy:
Go to ebay and select a category that interest you. Then narrow your search by location and type in your zip code as well as a radius. I have been able to save on shipping cost and bargain with people locally because of fees that paypal charges these folks to get money that you send via paypal. They have the right to cancel their item and sell to you for cash at anytime. Also. some of the best deals come from item descriptions labeled local pickup only. Local pickup narrows the field and give you alot more room to bargain.

Vacations:
I know that everyone has their own opinion about this one but I like travelzoo.com to find cheap vacations. You have to be really flexible but there are some good deals in their weekly top 20 that I get emailed every week. I like them...

Selling your home:
Go to housepad.com to list your home for cheap ($199) through a high volume internet broker. You offer the buyer's agent 3% on the listing and your house will begin to be shown. If you need he consultation of a realtor then this won't work for you.

Quality Picture Frames:
Go to bethel framing (google search) and you get quality frames and pre-cut matting for framing your pictures. It is best to order several frames so that shipping won't negate your good deal.

***Post a comment and share with everybody if you have any other deals to report.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

An easy one that is commonly overlooked is Apple refurbished for iPods and computers. It's located on the right hand column of the Apple store and can save you a ton of money. I've bought two computers and and 2 iPods that way with no issues.
Also, students/teachers get huge discounts on software at academicsuperstore.com. I'm a computer geek so all my deals revolve around such.

Ashley said...

Thanks for the very useful info. I love a bargain!

Michelle said...

newegg.com. dan has built all our computers, plus our church's computers using this site.

Kristin & Bradley said...

What can I say, you and Bradley love those bargains!! Nothing like getting a new package in the mail and having no earthly idea where it came from. Only to find out that some website was giving it away for free. My all time favorite has been a mini..I mean mini tripod that was like $10 but if you mailed in the rebate that came with it you got your $10 back. Now why on earth would I neeed a mini tripod?

You can bet that I will share these sites with Bradley. He loves some bargain sites!! Oh yeah and Bradley has started some response page on DealsPlus. You can check that out on www.startlouisiana.com I think thats it...he is always on the computer finding cheap or free stuff too. Again congrats on the new addition. CAn't wait to see a cute pregnant Mer again!!:)

Anonymous said...

Site: Dealspl.us

Search for "giveaway". Once a day they post an item to give away. The item is only posted for 1 hr before the giveaway expires. If you just happen to sit in front of your PC all day (office job), you can check it fairly regularly. All you have to do to be entered is post ANY comment. Completely free.

Usually only about 200 people enter, so your odds (1:200) are pretty good. They've been offering stuff such as iPod Shuffles, iPod Videos, PS3s, Microsoft Zunes, XBOX 360s, etc.

Anonymous said...

Having trouble with "bethel framing". They don't seem to have much of a site except "coming soon".

Sarah said...

Hey! I think you are about a month ahead of me. I had my first sonogram yesterday and I am a little over 7 weeks. I am due November 7th. Good luck and congrats again!!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that StealDeals.net was recently rebranded to DealStop.com. It is still the same ownership, just a new look and feel. I was hoping you could update your StealDeals.net link to reflect the new website: DealStop.com!
Thanks so much!
Dave.