Sunday, September 17, 2006

Play Time

All week I have been waiting for the weekend, so I could spend time cleaning the house. It is not that dirty, but I feel like I have neglected some things since going back to work. I told Justin we would get up early on Saturday and devote the day to cleaning. Sawyer had a stuffy nose Friday night and was up several times, so we all slept in Saturday morning. Then I got up and started the laundry and a few other things.

Justin was running errands, and I put Sawyer on the floor to play. He is at such a fun age where he likes to explore everything. He looked like he was having fun, so I decided to join him on the floor. Then we read books and played some more. Today we went to church, ate lunch with friends, went to the mall, and ate dinner with Jessica and Lou Lou. It is Sunday night and I didn't mark anything off my to do list. Oh, well. I haven't learned how to balance the whole working mom thing yet. Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband who helps me every day and an adorable son who doesn't seem to mind that I need to dust the furniture.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

please don't dust; this weekend elliot will be like - what's that smell? oh, a clean and dust free house. man sawyer, your mom and dad are awesome...mine suck.

meredith said...

Ok, Michelle, just for you I won't dust. I hope Mrs. Elly doesn't mind. She may beg to stay with Jessica's mom. We are looking forward to your visit. We have lots of baby stuff, so if you don't want to pack something or forget anything we've got you covered.

Mandy said...

WHat a cute baby! You and Justin are great parents. I'm excited about this weekend. I get to see you 2 times in one month. :)

elly said...

Don't you know that dust is a protective covering for furniture!!

Anonymous said...

Some things are better left undone to make room for the more important things.Like my grandbaby.Housework will be there forever but you children(like my baby girl who is raising her baby)leave home soooooooooooo quickly.Justin and Mer you're such good parents.Nana