Monday, July 31, 2006

4 month check-up


Sawyer is 4 months old. We took him to the dr. today and he was so happy when we got there. He was smiling and laughing at the nurse until she gave him 4 shots. He was not so happy then, but he settled down as soon as I held him. He now weighs 14 lbs 5 oz and is 25 1/2 inches long. I just thought I would post some recent pictures. We got him an exersaucer. His feet don't quite reach, but he seems to like it. Of course he thinks hands and feet are hilarious, so he is not too hard to entertain.

8 comments:

Shandra said...

he's so cute! i can't believe he's 4 months already!! i HATE when Andrew has to get shots. i will say that the 12 month shots are the worst. i nearly cried with him!
meredith are you going back to teaching?
i think aunt jessica needs to buy him some more toys!!! she's rich!

Anonymous said...

That's my boy!

meredith said...

Shandra,
I can't believe he is 4 months either. It has flown by. I also hate shots. Justin stood in front of me, so I couldn't see him get them and then I grabbed him up as soon as the nurse finished. I am going back to teaching next Monday. I am not doing very well with the thought of leaving him. I cry every time I think about it (including now), but he will be right next door to my school. There is a church with a daycare center and a lot of the teachers' kids go there. I have heard nothing but good things and I will be checking in on him constantly, but it is still hard. I know God has me at my school for a reason, so I am trying as hard as I can to be optimistic about the upcoming year.

Jessica said...

i don't know what shan's been smoking, but auntie jessica's can't quite drop the scrillas like she used to. she bought a house, remember? besides, she's not a toy kinda auntie, she's the one who makes sure he doesn't wear all the normal boy crap with teddy bears and baseball bats. it's her job to make him the envy of the fashion world. and, believe me, it's a tough job...cause there aren't many cute boy clothes out there.

Shandra said...

Meredith, you are very fortunate that he will be right next door! That is so great that you can go over and check on him at any time. Sounds like he will be in good hands!!

Jessica...I totally know what you mean about the clothes. They don't have a whole lot out there. I only put Andrew in the baseball junk when we are just going to be in the house all day. You should look at the Kelly's Kids discount store in Dallas. I LOVE Kelly's Kids stuff because they have super cute appliqued stuff and their clothing lasts for years! That outfit Andrew has on in this pic is KK and 4 of my nephews wore it and honestly it looks brand new! I should be a consultant!! Okay, this comment is way too long!

Jessica said...

i didn't know we had a kelly's kids here. i thought that was just a louisiana thing. i'll have to check on that!

auDi tHis woRld said...

gosh, he really is TOO CUTE!!!

Anonymous said...

There's a Kelly's Kids outlet place at Preston/Forest Rd. in Dallas (or at least there was at one time, hopefully it's still there). Also, about a block down from there at Preston/Royal is an ADORABLE store called Chocolate Soup. They have the cutest clothes! I know how it is trying to keep the nieces/nephews looking good!