Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Wonderful World of Blogging

When I first started my blog I just wanted a way to share pictures and stories with our friends. I enjoyed receiving comments on how cute my babies were and responses to Justin's funny comments. I also loved reading my friends blogs.

I never thought to check out blogs of people I didn't know. i never knew there were so many inspiring ideas, recipes, and stories out there. Now I have so many blogs that I check daily. I am just amazed at how many interesting blogs there are out there. It can be a little addicting and I admit that I am addicted, but I thought I would just share some of the highs this new found addiction as brought me.

Last night for dinner I made a new chicken divan recipe that I found here. The picture looked so good I just had to try it and it was delicious.
I am also going to try one of Big Mama's favorite recipes this week. I will let you know how it turns out. I know you will all be waiting on pins and needles.

I am also a sucker for a good kids craft site. I think I have mentioned it before, but No Time for Flash cards is one of favorite sites. She has lots of sites linked top hers and I have checked out most of those as well. I have been inspired to teach my little tots by Carissa and her friends. I could go on and on, but I won't.

I have also been inspired beyond the kitchen and the playroom. A few weeks ago I was hooked to the Compassion bloggers trip to India. I read posts like this one and this one that brought me to tears and challenged my faith.

What blogs do you love to read? On the other hand maybe you shouldn't tell me, because I don't need to spend anymore time on the computer.

3 comments:

Austin said...

www.mentalfloss.com

Nerd stuff. Triva.

Shandra said...

that is too funny...i hit carissa's site too! i LOVE her tot books!

meredith said...

Thanks, Austin. I will check it out.

Shandra, I think you are the one who first told me about her site, but I recently found it again. I haven't tried any of the tot books yet, but would like to.