Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Power Lab


Eureka! Our whole family has been participating in VBS this week. I am leading a group of 4 and 5 year olds. Justin is running sound and shooting video. Sawyer and Jaxon are going to the VBS nursery. We all go to music and story time together. I love watching Sawyer during music. He really gets into it and dances like crazy. He watches and repeats all of the motions and tries to sing the songs. He is so adorable.
Jaxon dances when I play the cd at home, but he must be overwhelmed by all the people, because he just sits and stares at everyone. I was worried about Jax, because he doesn't always love going to church. He usually screams quite a bit, but he is doing great this week. He has been playing, taking his bottle, and taking a good nap each day. What a relief!
When I ask Sawyer where we are going each day he answers, "VDS!" . When I ask him what we will do there he says, "sing!" Yesterday he asked me if I washed his purple shirt. It is a little big on him, but he likes to wear it so he can be like the other kids.

Our summer has been so full. The boys are going to be so bored when Justin goes back to work and all they have to do is look at me all day. We have a few more fun things planned for August like going to see The Wiggles ( I know you are so jealous) and a visit from cousin Meghan. For now we have 2 more fun filled days of VBS.

4 comments:

Shandra said...

that's so fun they are enjoying VBS. andrew REALLY liked it this summer too. both of my boys were struggling at church and i worried about them at VBS but they did awesome and now we have NO problems when it comes time to take them on sundays!! i love VBS but it's SO exhausting!!

Kelsey said...

how fun! i love jax's wave in the first pic! :)

meredith said...

i think it was just what Jax needed to get used to going to the nursery. we loved vbs, but we are pretty worn out too.

yes, Jax loves to wave!

Megan said...

the "vds" comment made me laugh. last year when jolie was 2 she couldn't remember "vbs" so each afternoon she would ask me if we were going to "abcd" tomorrow? fun times!