Well, Sawyer was so excited for his daddy's birthday on the 26th that he woke up at 1:30am and didn't want to go back to sleep. Actually, I don't know what his deal was but he would not sleep. Finally, at about 5:30 am after trying everything we could think of to get him to sleep we decided to pack the car up and head to Gilbert. He slept the whole way which was good and I got a nap. Poor Justin was exhausted though. When we got there we had Christmas with Justin's family. Sawyer loves his new rocking horse from Lou Lou and Happy (Justin's parents).
We also celebrated Jon and Justin's birthday. We were going to have brownies, but Mama Olivia said the pecans were bad, so we didn't have cake until the next day. Papa went to town and picked up a camo cake and ice cream. It was yummy! You would think the boys could have blown out the candles on the first try since there was two of them, but it took them a couple of tries.


Sawyer had fun playing with Aunt Kelsey and Uncle Jon. Here he is sporting one of his cute new outfits. He got lots of clothes. He also got about 3 or 4 pairs of new shoes, so I don't know why he is barefoot in this picture.

Uncle Jon giving Sawyer a goodbye kiss.

As you can see we all had a great time. Justin goes back to school on Wednesday. Sawyer and I go back on Thursday, but my students won't start until the 8th. I am not really looking forward to it. It has been so much fun being home with Sawyer. He is crawling everywhere and beginning to pull up. We have been playing hide and seek ( I hide behind the bed and he crawls over to me laughing the whole way) and pat a cake. This is such a precious time in our lives and I am so thankful for each moment I have with him. Seeing him smile is the best gift of all.
4 comments:
What in the world is up with my pictures? Is there a way for me to fix them without deleting and reuploading them?
yeah, you can just hit the "enter" button a couple of times in between each one. it might space them out a little further, but it will keep them from jumbling up so much.
Wonderful pictures and recap of Christmas! I think you Bufkin's infected me with your diseases at the wassail gathering a few weeks ago because I have been sick the entire time we have been in Arkansas. I suppose that is the price you pay when you kiss all over Sawyer. He is just so darn cute, though!
Sorry Ashley! Where are you?
Post a Comment