Saturday, December 30, 2006

Sawyer's First Christmas (Part I)

Christmas came and went so fast this year. I feel like we just decorated the house and now it is time to put everything away. Sawyer and I finally got well and felt great during our vacation. Justin has a lingering sinus infection that is finally starting to feel better. We left on Wednesday, the 20th and stayed one night in Farmerville. We picked up my grandma and went on to Nana and Poppy's. We had fun with everyone. I don't think Sawyer had one moment of boredom. He had so many cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents to play with.
Here is Sawyer with just a few of the cousins, Ethan, Miranda, and Cameron

It was so much fun watching Sawyer try to open his presents. He liked all of his toys, but he liked the paper and boxes just as well. He didn't know what to think of everything, but he knew it was all lots of fun, because he laughed the whole time.
He opened his first gift on Christmas Eve with the help of Mommy and Nana.

"You mean there is something under the paper? "
We refer to this gift as the psycho dog. It has an off button, but it doesn't seem to work because the dog talks constantly even when we don't push the buttons. The whole way home every time we hit a bump it would say "Peek a Boo" or "Hug Me". This morning at 3:30 I was awakened by the sound of someone singing "Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes". Everyone was sleeping soundly and the dog was in the living room alone. Isn't that freaky? I think I may remove the batteries before bed tonight. If he still sings after that I will call an exorcist.

Sawyer on Christmas morning. He loved his rocket Santa brought him.

I tried to upload the pictures from Christmas with the Bufkins and it wouldn't work. I need to go feed Sawyer lunch,so I will have to get back to you with the rest of our Christmas story.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

my nephew has that dog and he loves it! i've never heard it speak on its own with no one in the room though...kinda reminiscent of chucky, don't you think? i guess we'll know for sure if he still talks after you take out the batteries!

meredith said...

I don't think it is supposed to talk on its own. I got him the same dog and brought it home, but it didn't talk by itself. Then my mom called and said she found this dog and puzzle gift set on clearance for $5.00, so I took mine back. Maybe only the possesed dogs were on clearance. They probably had to get rid of them because they were scaring the customers.