Friday, August 25, 2006

Boy in the Hood


Well, we just finished our second week of school. It was so hard to go back after being home with Sawyer for over four months. I had such a hard time the first week, but every day was a little better than the day before. I am so blessed that Sawyer is right next door to my school, so I can spend my lunch break with him and am able to pick him up as soon as school is over. He smiles when I drop him off and smiles even bigger when I come to pick him up. It has also been an adjustment having to get up at 5:00 or before and get ready in the morning. Justin is such a big help in the morning and there is no way I could do it without him.
Isn't Sawyer's outfit cute? It is from his Auntie Jessica. It says #1 player on the hoodie vest. I told Justin the other moms might not let their kids play with Sawyer when he was dressed like this. They may think he will be a bad influence.
He will be five months old tomorrow and has been enjoying rice cereal for the last few weeks. I have also introduced squash which was a big hit. This week I decided to let him try peas. Here are some pictures to show you what he thought of that. " Yummy! I love cereal!"
"What is this? Did someone put peas in my rice cereal?"
"No, not the peas! Daddy, make her stop. I want my squash."
His bib is from Italy, so I have no idea what it says in case any of you were wondering.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a lurker! The bib says "I don't mind..." Can't read the rest, but that's the first two lines.

meredith said...

Hey Lurker Linda! Thanks for the translation. I hope the photography business is going well. Mer and I really liked your site.

meredith said...

The bib says I0 Nun Saccio Niente ...Mo'So' Arrrivat' and he has a hat that says Scugnizzo. Can you tell us what that means? My friend brought them from Naples and she couldn't remember what they said. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Justin! Okay, I thought one of the words was 'mente,' but it's 'niente.' So now the bib translates (loosely) "I don't know nothing, but I know I've arrived." The hat is pretty funny... the Neopolitan word 'scugnizzo' basically means "street urchin" or "ragamuffin." Maybe that's a more endearing term to the Italians!

Shandra said...

okay...wait a minute...does jessica's nephew have on camo shorts????

meredith said...

Linda, I am very impressed. I know who to call if I need an Italian translation. I should probably let him wear his ragamuffin hat with his camo shorts and hoodie vest.

Yes, Shandra he is and the shorts were a gift from his Aunt Jessica. She said he had too many preppy outfits.

Shandra said...

wow! i'm impressed!! i let andrew do camo shorts, but there will be NO camo shirts!!! :)

Sawyer is a cutie!! can't belive he's already 5 months!

Jessica said...

that's all i bought were camo shorts...and, they were blue camo at that. plus, he got a thug's hoodie to go with it. i'm mixing and matching street boy with hunter boy. it's all about the fashion, dude.

Michelle said...

he's growing so fast! it's hard to remember he's only 6 or so weeks older than elliot. i think of sawyer as being so much older!!

also, if you guys ever find yourselves in seabrook again, let me know - we only live about 10 minutes from there! you are welcome to come over to visit and let the boys play!

Anonymous said...

I thought my nephew would grow up to be a Latino gangsta, but I guess he is junior mafia. That's ok...as long as Gilbert is represented.