I had no idea how beautiful it is in the summer since I have only frequented the state during ski season. We started the trip with a 12 hour straight car ride for our little man to endure. He managed to ride just fine and also get a full night's sleep when we arrived. Good Boy! We made it into Colorado Springs where we spent a day going to places such as "Garden of the gods" and Manitou Springs. We then proceeded over Cottonwood Pass (highest pass in Colorado) over to the Taylor River area.When we came over the pass into the river valley, Meredith and Sawyer were sleeping and I started to tear up as I looked at the scenery and heard Charlie Hall's "Our God Reigns" playing in the backgound.
Note: Meredith and perhaps Sawyer were both passed out due to the motion sickness pills Mer picked up at the gas station. That's some good stuff.

When we got there, all the guys went out a few days to a tent near the river while the females stayed at the cabin. All together, we must have dragged in about three dozen rainbow trout over the course of three mornings. Meredith, her brothers, and I went rafting one day and managed to stay in the boat and out of the freezing water. I was the only one not to get splashed, so they saw it as their duty to pour bottled water down my back to add to my experience.


Sawyer started the early stages of teething once we got there, so he got fussy towards the end of the week. We were able to get away one morning to hike up near Crested Butte to Judd Falls. We were the only people on the road, as well as the trail, so Meredith needed convincing that we weren't lost. So I did the opposite and convinced her that I hadn't a clue where we were, and we were about to run out of gas anyway. She slowly caught on and got mad at me in cute kind of way. I shot alot of video footage on the hike and will try to recreate a little "Blair Witch Project" later. I know you can't wait. Hope you enjoy the pictures. Sawyer is growing up so fast. As I was typing this post Sawyer rolled over from his stomach to his back for the first time. Atta boy!
8 comments:
I'm glad y'all had a fun vacation! Welcome back to Texas! :)
Thanks Mandy! We are leaving for Louisiana tomorrow, but will be back Sat. We need to get together when we get back.
And if I have anything to say about it the" blair witch project hike" will not be appearing on our blog. Justin thought it was so funny to video me the whole way, but I did not share in his humor. He kept directing me saying stuff like "ok now smell those flowers or go back and walk across those rocks again." It was quite annoying.
Justin,
it's time to retire the Pine Prairie shirt!!! i can't believe you still have it, but then again after doing your laundry for 4 years i can believe it. Sawyer is precious and growing so fast. glad to hear yall had a great trip.
brandi, i told him the exact same thing! what's worse is that he wears the pink pine prairie shirt more than he does the blue one. he likes to call the shirt a "salmon color," but we all know it's really pink. so sad.
oh my gosh - was that a comment from THE BRANDI????? you are the man justin to rate a comment, I think it might be a first!
we will be in Colorado Springs in about 2 weeks - beautiful country!! Chris lives there & loves it!
Brandi,
I saw your comment on Jon's blog and got a little jealous....I am glad you decided to even things up between the Bufkins. Don't worry about Jessica.
Pine Prarie D-Now shirts are going for thousands on ebay...haven't you heard. So I am actually wearing a collector's item in the picture. Go figure....and it is salmon not pink Jessica.
salmon, pink, whatever the color. it's 10 years old!!! i think we are missing the real point here.
You are right Brandi! It doesn't matter what color the shirt was or currently is. It needs to go away.
Post a Comment