Thursday, January 19, 2006

So many blogs, so little time

I keep meaning to post on our blog, but then I end up reading everyone else's blogs and run out of time. It has been so much fun catching up the lives of all our friends.
I am now in my third trimester and it is not so much fun. I really have had an easy pregnancy, but lately I haven't felt that great. I am so tired all the time!!! Today i started dozing off while I was teaching. I am not lying. One of my students said, "we need to get Mrs. Bufkin some coffee, quick." Monday was our day off, but I would have rather been in school. I had to have a three hour glucose test to test for gestational diabetes. I had to fast and then have my blood taken four times, once every hour. I have the bruises to prove it! My sweet husband went with me in case I passed out, but I did just fine. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and my blood sugar levels were normal. I was relieved that I can continue to eat sweets, but it also means all that poking was for nothing. I learned not to eat any sugar on the day of a glucose test. Some other things I have learned since my pregnancy are.. 1. what heart burn feels like ( never had it before in my life) 2.Zantac is good!!! 3. Justin can sleep through me getting up to go to the bathroom 10 times in one night 4.Do not eat too much on Christmas Eve or you will be sick all Christmas day 5. I love feeling my son kick and move inside me.
This is an exciting and busy time for Justin and I. We are planning on painting the nursery, kitchen, and dining room before the baby comes. Actually, Justin is planning on painting and laying down laminate floors throughout our house. I plan on advising and encouraging him. Let us know if those are your hobbies, so you can join in on the fun.
We are going to visit Amber, Cleve, and baby Eli this weekend. We are also going to go to Boyd an Tara Guy's baby shower for little Sara Claire who is due in February. We should have pictures to post when we return!

5 comments:

elly said...

Have fun - drive safely - tell them all "hi" for me.

Anonymous said...

hey meredith and justin...i don't know if you remember me....but i was reading your blog and was wondering if you had contact info for ella guy...or boyd....oh...and i am so excited for you all and the upcoming baby! i am getting married in june....and am looking forward to the adventure that will be and starting a family....take care...and hope to hear from you soon.
sheralyn smith

Stacy said...

so glad y'all updated. hope you haven't wasted any of that time on my blog. lots of words and no pictures lately! can i just say once again that you are the cutest pregnant girl ever and it makes me smile to hear you talk about your baby! i've heard that sugar solution is pretty nasty though. did you fail the one hour screening test?

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

We had some good hotdogs, hate you missed 'em. Hope you're having a good time back in the promised land.

Michelle said...

i'm so happy you tested negative! that would have been a pain to avoid SUGAR! i failed the one hour glucose test during my 2nd pregnancy...the three hour was a pain, but thankfully ended up with a result like yours!! praying you sail through your last trimester!