What have I gotten us into? A couple of weekends I decided that I could no longer stand our white carpet that never ever looks clean no matter what we do! We have been talking about putting down laminate floors for a while now, so I told Justin now was the time. He has spent every waking hour for the last two weeks trying to find a good deal. He did a wonderful job and found an incredible deal through e-bay. Our laminate floors are on their way and Justin has named himself the Deal Finding King! Since he found such a good deal on the laminate he decided to go ahead and put ceramic tile in the kitchen. His friend, Stu has offered to help put down both the laminate and the tile. He has all of the necessary tools so that saves us money and time.
Stu came over tonight to see what all needed to be done. This is going to be a big job. At once there was talk of getting all new baseboards and changing the door frames. Of course, carpet and linoleum has to be ripped up before new floors can be put down. Our house is going to be a mess for the next month. Justin is also planning on painting the nursery, the kitchen, breakfast room, and dining room. We also have to rip down border before we start those jobs. So, if any of you want to see Justin in the next month you will have to come to us. I really hope he hasn't gotten in over his head. I don't want him to be worn out, and I will try to help the best I can. He tells me that this will all be done before the beginning of March.
I have read about people nesting before they have a baby, so I guess that's what we are doing. I am sure Sawyer is really going to appreciate all of this. I will be staying out of the way this weekend. I don't think I will be much help with moving the refrigerator etc. putting down chemicals to remove the linoleum, or laying down tile. Actually, since Justin and his friend will be so busy I will probably have a lot of time on my hands. Anyone want to go out to eat this weekend? We will not have a refrigerator or stove to use. I hope it doesn't sound like I am complaining. I am excited about all of the changes in our home and can't wait to see the end result. We will keep you updated and post pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is a big task ahead of y'all. I can sorta understand where you are coming from. Bradley and his dad put down our laminate floor throughout our house and it was very time consuming. Thank goodness it only took them 2 weeks but it was 2 long weeks of starting @5:30 and finishing up @12:00. I will be thinking of Justin & his friend during the stressful home improvement time. Just remember his is doing all this for you and lil Sawyer in the amount of time he has left. Love you both and have fun!!!
I can COMPLETELY understand the home improvement projects! Our house has been one big project after another since we bought it. You will be so happy with the results though... We moved in the house in Feb. 05 and so far we have done the following: new carpet, ceramic tile in the kitchen, foyer, guest bathroom, all new interior and exterior doors, new paint on all walls and ceilings, new baseboards, new door trim, and crown molding, new light fixtures and ceiling fans. Trey also re-did the sheetrock in two rooms... but WAIT! We still aren't finished! Yes, we still need to remodel our bathroom and refinish the kitchen cabinets and put in new countertops. Wow... I'm exhausted just thinking about all that work! Thank goodness my hubby is handy! It is great when you can do the work yourselves, it saves you a bundle!
Good luck on your project! You will love it!
Look at all these grown-up married people talking about home improvements and baby stuff. Uh, I have a test next week. . . And, um, need to clean my room.
Cleaning your room may be a bigger job. I remember when I was a young whipper snapper like you...not a care in the world but cleaning my room and studying my spelling words.
I'm afraid your "grown-up" work has a much better chance of being finished than my room getting cleaned.
Post a Comment