I am begining to wonder what has happened to my sweet little baby? Don't get me wrong Sawyer is a good boy and I love all the new things he is doing, but I miss my baby. Also, noone ever told me that he would start throwing tantrums at 10 months. I thought those were for two year olds. I am telling you when he doesn't get what he wants he throws his head into his hands, screams, and kicks those legs. It was cute at first, but it is getting less and less cute as days go by. It's not like I can put him in time out, so I just try to ignore it, but that just fuels the fire.
I think that the real parenting stuff is only beginning. The baby stage was easy. We just fed him and kept him clean and dry. Now, I realize that my decisions will form who he is as a person forever. It is a little scary.
It is awesome seeing his little personality come out. He wants to do all kinds of things for himself now, but he is still very cautious about some things. Yesterday I was feeding him and he kept wanting to feed himself, so I let him and as you can see he had a great time. Now, he wants to feed himself every time. He also only takes a bottle at night and the rest of the time he drinks from a cup. I am sure he would take the cup at night too, but I can't let go of that nighttime bottle feeding just yet. Some days it is the only time he will be still and let me hold him.
This is what happened right after I took the above picture. Needless to say I cleaned up and then gave Sawyer a bath when dinner was over.
2 comments:
yeah, i remember at andrew's 12 month check-up the dr saying how he might start throwing fits... i said..no, we've mastered those!! i did the same thing...just ignored him and went about my business. it's hard but he eventually got the picture!!!
i can't believe how much he's grown. he's precious!!
girl, if there my kids can't find a sweet potato puff or wagon wheel on the floor, elliot has not done his job! don't bother cleaning up for another few months. i'm kidding, of course!
Post a Comment